How to Enhance a Small Living Room
Posted July 22, 2008on:
Many homes are designed with a small living room but that doesn’t mean that you can’t make it beautiful and decorative. Your living room needs to be a place where you can sit back and relax after a hard day at work. However, it is also a place for entertaining guest so it needs to be comfortable and inviting. This can be a little difficult when you have a small living room but not impossible.
The following suggestions can help you decorate your small living room in a way that enhances every area of the room.
• Start by choosing a décor that avoids clutter. Modern décor is a very good option. Keep in mind that the more furniture you have in the room the smaller it will look so keep it simple.
• Always keep doorways and hallways open and free of clutter. When furniture is close to the doorway it makes the room look smaller.
• Use wall shelves for collectible items and photos instead of furnishing that set on the floor. By keeping the floor as clear as possible it will make the living room appear larger.
• Choose small to medium sized furniture. One large piece of furniture is acceptable such as a couch or an entertainment center but don’t get carried away. If you need floor furniture then one or two end tables or a small coffee table is plenty and they should not be cluttered up.
• Choose your artwork carefully. By placing one large piece of art above the couch or chair you can make quite an impression that greatly enhances your décor.
• Bright colors such as yellow, light blue, orange, light green, light purple or gray can enhance your décor and make your living room appear larger.
Use these suggestions to turn your small living room into a comfortable relaxing place where you can proudly entertain guest and enjoy your free time.