Posts Tagged ‘Art’
It’s that time of year again and if you are looking for something great to do with the kids or as a family, then creative Halloween decorations may be just the thing. If you walk around the average neighborhood at Halloween time or in the fall, you’re likely to see most of the same types of decorations floating around. You will find pumpkins, witches, jack-o-lanterns, black cats and more.
If you want to do something really different this Halloween season, you’ll need to focus on some creative ideas and crafts that can be used as decorations. Even the Halloween costumes that you or your children wear can be made uniquely.
Here are some ideas of creative Halloween decorations that you can do as a family:
- Glass vases are great to decorate around the inside of your home- fill them with goodies and display then wherever you choose
- Masks- hanging a creepy mask on the front door or using it to decorate a scarecrow are great, unique ways of decorating for the season
- Small accents- small accents can be a great subtle way to decorate for the holiday without going overboard
- Spider webs- these can be made of many materials around your home and they are a great deal of fun for Halloween décor. You have many options on where and how you can use them.
These are just a few creative Halloween decorations that you can try this season. If you’re looking for something to do with the kids, you might also want to be sure you allow them creativity to think of some of their own ideas.
Do you love to travel and see the sights of the country or even of the world? You probably like to bring a little piece of this home with you each and every time you return from a trip as well, don’t you? If you’re like many people who enjoy traveling, you might also like to bring a little bit of each destination home and incorporate it into your interior décor and design.
There is a fine line between collectibles and clutter so if you plan to do this, you need to be sure you do so smartly. For example, you want to be sure the pieces that you bring into your décor fit with the design of the room or blend well with the existing décor. You also want to go with simple pieces that won’t overwhelm the room and the design.
You could bring back small treasures that become mantle pieces or decorative items throughout the room or you may choose one large piece that becomes a new centerpiece for the area that you are decorating. It is important not to bring in too many large pieces that take up space and can overwhelm the room.
Here are some ideas to bring some travel home to your interior décor:
- Look for specialty shops and locally made items
- Look for custom items or customizable trinkets and gifts from your trip
- Buy something homemade or handmade
- Buy something unique to the region/ of the local area
When collecting these fun pieces for your interior décor, it’s also important to capture the memories surrounding when and where you got them. It’s a good idea to write down the time and date and location when bringing home something special from your travels.
Would you like to have a more tranquil living space in your home? Are you looking for a soothing solace after a long day at work, school or with other responsibilities? It can be very relaxing and rewarding to come home to a tranquil living space that you have designed and decorated yourself. This can also be a great way to spend time with family members and enjoy time together peacefully.
There are some simple things you can do to design and decorate a tranquil living space for your needs. Here are some tips:
- First, get rid of the clutter. A cluttered space is going to create stress for you and those who spend time in the space with you. Clutter will invade your tranquility. Get the clutter out of your space even if you’re not sure what to do with it yet. You can store it or sort it later. For now, just move it out of the living space.
- Pick furnishings that are comfortable. You want to be sure the furniture is soft and comfortable. Even if you are unable to purchase new furnishings, you may still be able to adjust the ones you have to be comfortable in a way that suits your budget.
- Choose soothing colors. Your color palette should be soothing with relaxing colors like shades of blue, beige and green. Classic white and shades of cream are also useful in your tranquil living space.
- Use lighting to set the mood. You can use the right type of lighting to set the mood you’re going for in the room. You want to set the stage for relaxation with soft, adjustable lighting that can be turned down when you need it softer.
With making just a few simple changes to your living space, you can create a tranquil area that will help you relax each and every time you come to it. You can also feel content that you helped to design and decorate it yourself.
We’ve discussed it before here on the blog but metal wall art home décor still remains a great choice for anyone looking to spruce up their home or add a unique look to their room. You may already know that how a person decorates their home can say a lot about them. Some people send the wrong impression just because they don’t know any better.
When it comes to home décor, it doesn’t have to be about flowers or plaid or the country styles you may be used to seeing in home décor magazines of the past. Modern home décor is about so much more and it’s about finding your own style and discovering how to make it work for you.
One way that many people have found is with metal wall art. This can be handmade and comes in a variety of styles and shapes to choose from. Abstract metal art looks crisp and modern and can brighten any room and blend with any theme.
Many people find that metal wall art home décor incites certain feelings or emotions in them when they see it. Since this will be going in your home, you want to get something that sends the right feelings to you and the right message to your guests. These handmade metal art pieces are one of a kind and you certainly won’t find them on the walls of every other home in town. This is what makes it so unique to you.
You don’t need to suffer with bland white walls and metal wall art means you don’t do any permanent changes to the walls. This is great for people who are renting or who anticipate their style may change over time and they want a quick way to decorate and take down if needed.
Metal wall art can also be used to help finish up a design or decoration you have already started in a room. It can be that finishing touch that you really need to bring the whole thing together. All you need to do is shop around and pick the right metal wall art home décor pieces to suit your needs and finish off your décor.
When you’re searching for a way to decorate your home that allows your personality to shine through in an unusual and amusing way, try decorating with whimsical décor. This may be the most fun and exciting way to decorate your home and there are many creative designs associated with this type of décor that can be used to brighten up your home.
There are so many different whimsical themes to choose from that you can easily find something to suit your taste. For example, if you love sports, there are all types of whimsical décor designed for the sport lover. These include a variety of figurines, pictures, paintings and even clocks and lamp with sport designs such as golf, basketball, softball, soccer, football and so forth.
The same is true for anyone who loves animals, nature scenes, country scenes and even abstract designs. You can find décor to suit most any type mood or theme and that is one of the things that make whimsical décor so special and exciting.
One of the most popular themes is the ones that have an antique look to them. Antique whimsical décor never goes out of style and they go with any type of furniture or room color. These figurines and family heirlooms can be passed down through the generations and they include all types of designs from cars and boats to clocks and lamps.
There are many different whimsical décor options designed specifically for the holidays and you can never go wrong when you give them as gifts. These items can be displayed in such a way that it will enhance the rest of your décor and allow your personal style to show through in a fun and colorful way.
It’s fun and exciting to decorate your home but it can get a little overwhelming too. The first step is to decide how you want to decorate and using patterns is a very popular way to express your personality. Patterns create a sense of style that adds color and a dramatic feel to the home. One of the great things about decorating with patterns is that they can be used with any type of décor. All you need to do is choose the ones that go with the rest of your décor.
The main types of patterns used for decorating a home include floral, motif and geometric. The floral patterns create a soft, cheery décor that brightens up the room. These create a more traditional or classical look for the home. Motif patterns can be an abstract design or a pattern created by an image that is repeated. Geometric patterns consist of stripes and checkered designs. These tend to look a little more formal than the other two types of patterns.
Here are a few tips on how to use patterns to decorate your home:
- Use patterns to accent the room and bring out the colors in the walls, rugs and other furnishings.
- When using coordinating patterns, use the same background colors.
- Use a combination of plain and textured patterns to complement each other.
- You can make the pattern the focal point of the room or it can be used as a backdrop that enhances the rest of the décor.
- Geometric patterns work great when you need to manipulate space. For example, vertical stripes can make a room appear taller while horizontal stripes will make it look wider and longer.
- The overall color scheme within the room will be the determining factor when it comes to deciding if you need to use a harmonizing or a contrasting pattern. A color wheel will help you match the colors better.
- As a general rule, rich color patterns go well with a neutral color scheme and neutral colored patterns go better with bold colored walls, drapes and furnishings.
The more you experiment with different patterns the easier it will be for you to find the designs that you like the best. Take some time to think about the patterns and the colors you plan to use and what effect you want them to have. For example, greens are used to help make a room look more spacious, reds tend to create a welcoming atmosphere and blues tend to have a calming effect. When you determine what type of mood you want set, it’ll be easier to choose the right patterns.