In the spirit of my recent gourd theme, I would like to share with you 5 great things you can make with gourds. This is certainly not the end of what you can do with gourd art but it can give you a great
1. Table Centerpiece or Setting- You can created a fabulous table setting using dried, decorated gourds. This would be an especially great idea around Thanksgiving but anytime of the year is great as well.
2. Birdhouses- You can create a bird house gourds for small birds out of large, dried gourd shells. Additionally, you can also make bird feeders in almost the same way. These are great for small birds to perch on and make a great addition to your garden or porch or in front of a window in your home so you can watch the birds come explore your birdhouse gourd or birdfeeder.
3. Dippers and Bowls- You can use dried gourds to make decorative dippers and bowls that will look great on your fall table or anytime of year.
4. Musical Instrument- You can make a musical instrument (such as maracas or shakers) out of filled dried gourds. Children especially like this craft idea and find it great fun to make musical instruments and decorate it themselves.
5. Decorate it- My favorite thing to do with gourds is to decorate it and display it as art. There is literally no end to the great ideas and creations you can come up with. You can go wherever your imagination takes you.
There are so many different types of gourd art. You can really have a great time painting, carving and designing gourds of all shapes and sizes.