How to Make a 3D Wine Wall Art Decor
Posted February 6, 2009on:
Wall art can add character to any room in a house, room, or office. Wall art can be traditional, such as sculptures, emblems, paintings, pictures, or mosaics. They can also be contemporary such as an artful display of lights projected to a wall. There are also other wall decors that are totally spectacular. For example, in a hotel in Las Vegas, the wall behind the front counter is virtually an aquarium with all colorful fishes swimming around.
Some of the best wall arts are three dimensional. The wall art has depth, length, and width, making it viewable in all three dimensions. An example of a 3D wall décor would be real or artificial flowers carefully arranged and hanged on the wall.
An example of a good contemporary décor is a good 3D wine arrangement. This is especially nice if the homeowner is a wine enthusiast. A wall picture or a painting of a bottle of wine, wine glass, and flower arrangement does not even come close with a 3D wall décor.
Here is how to make such beautiful wine wall art décor.
1. First find a nice empty wine bottle. This is the centerpiece of the décor. Although a clear one would suffice, a colored bottle usually looks better. Look for a bottle with a nice, dainty, unique design; it will add more character to the decoration. It is up to you if you want to remove the label or not; however, it would give your wine bottle its own identity if you include the label.
2. Clean the wine bottle thoroughly with cool water. Do not worry about the label; the adhesive is tough and doesn’t dissolve easily. Dry the bottle completely.
3. Using water that is dyed with a dark color, fill the bottle halfway. This water represents the wine. Of course, it is perfectly okay to leave the bottle empty. Place a cork stopper to seal the water in. Set the bottle aside.
4. The next step is to prepare a flower arrangement. It is important to note that you should only use artificial flowers; real flowers wilt after a short time. Artificial flowers can be readily brought at a home improvement shop.
Arrange the flowers and the plants in an artful way, spreading out the blooms. The center area, from the top to the bottom of the arrangement, should be clear; this is where the side of the bottle is glued. You can have the flowers arranged yourself, or you can have a professional florist do it for you.
5. Glue the side of the bottle carefully to the flower arrangement, making sure it is centered. You should use epoxy or cynoacrylite; these adhesives are impervious to heat and water.
6. For this wine wall art décor, you may want to add other items, such as plastic grapes, artificial previous stones, and any accessory you can think off. Just be sure that they are firmly glue through the use of cyanoacrylite glue or epoxy.
7. Wrap a piece of wire around the neck of the bottle and form the remaining length to a hanger. Lift the arrangement on top of a soft surface to see if the wire can hold the entire arrangement’s lift. Wrap the wire with florist tape. Hang the bottle-and-flower arrangement on the wall.
In need of additional decorating ideas that include wall mounted wine racks or wall decorating? Article author and senior staff writer Alyssa Davis provides many more free and unique ideas at Metal-Wall-Art.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alyssa_Davis