Archive for August 2010
The summer is coming to an end and everyone is anticipating going back to school. These last few weeks of summer can be very stressful for everyone but you can help to relieve some of the stress with a few end of summer craft ideas. These will help keep your child busy doing something they love so they won’t have so much time worrying about what the new school year will bring.
Here are a few craft ideas for the end of summer along with directions that can help your family get through the next few weeks a little easier:
- Glow-In-the-Dark Comet- You’ll need a tennis ball, glow-in-the-dark fabric paint and plastic string, tacky glue and a craft knife. Use the paint to decorate the ball and allow it to dry. Make a handle by folding about forty inches of string in half and then place a double knot on both ends. Cut a ½ inch slit in the ball. Squeeze it open and push both of the knots inside the ball and use the glue to secure in place. Allow the glue to dry and then you’re ready to enjoy your glow-in-the-dark comet.
- Rock Necklaces- You’ll need a small rock, scissors, 22 inch gauge colored wire, needle nose pliers, colored leather cord and a pencil. Place the rock at the center of the wire and wrap it around the rock a few times. Twist the ends together to secure and then wrap the twisted end around the pencil to make a loop. Close the end of the loop off with the pliers and cut off any excess wire. Finish up by placing the leather cord through the loop and tie the ends together to hold it secure.
- Decorative Light Switch Covers- You’ll need different colored duct tape, light switch plates, waxed paper, permanent marker and a craft knife. Choose a color and cover the switch plate with the duct tape and fold the ends under the edges. Use the knife to cut an “X” in the center slot where the light switch will go and push the edges inward. Cut out strips of the colored duct tape and place on the waxed paper. Turn it over and draw different shapes on the paper with a permanent marker. Cut out the shapes and peel off the waxed paper revealing the sticky side and place your design onto the switch plate.
Children get bored easily and need to be stimulated. When they’re interested in the craft projects you provide for them, they’ll be excited and enthusiastic about the project.
You may want to invest in a good craft book that has a variety of different projects for kids of all ages. Most of these have easy to follow instructions that are simple to use. Some even have pictures illustrating how to do the project and the sections are usually divided up according to the season.
It’s that time of year again when shopping for school supplies is at the top of the “to do” list. This is the time that’s filled with excitement and fun but getting ready for the new school year can be a little stressful. As a parent, you want to make sure your child has everything they need but if you’re like most people, you have a budget to adhere to. Trying to stay within that budget and still purchase all of the items needed is what makes back to school shopping stressful. However, it can be made easy with a few simple tips such as the ones listed below:
- Start shopping as soon as you can instead of waiting until the last minute. This will help ease some of the stress and make shopping for school supplies easier.
- Before you go shopping make a list of all the supplies you already have so you won’t waste time searching for items or spend money on things that you don’t need.
- If you don’t have a supply list provided by the teacher, go ahead and pick up the basic supplies that you know your child will need. This normally includes paper, composition books, notebooks, number two pencils, black or blue ink pens and a backpack. Most all supply lists will include these items. You should have a general idea of what items will be needed based on the grade your child will be entering.
- Determine what items are needed and which ones are things that your child would simple like to have. Buy the necessary items first and then if there is money left over, you can consider some of the items that are not necessary. These can be purchased anytime during the school year.
- Some items can be purchased in bulk such as pencils, notebooks, paper and glue sticks. These are items that your child will need all year long so buying in bulk will save you money and reduce the need to run out at the last minute to buy more pencils or paper throughout the school year. If you have any supplies left over at the end of the year, they can be used next year.
Back to school shopping doesn’t have to be hard or stressful and the tips above can help you get this school year off to a great start.
Having pool party is a sociable way for cooling down and getting some fun. If you want to host a pool party, just follow some tips below and you will be ready to have fun.
The first thing that you have to do is to remind your guests for bringing their bathing suits and towels if you do not have enough in your home. By bringing their own bathing suits and towels, your guests will also feel comfortable to wear them during the party.
Secondly, you have to determine the menu so that you can easily purchase the beverages and foods for your pool party. Because your guests are going to swim, it is better for you to choose the light food like fruits, salads, dip, and veggies. Also, you have to avoid preparing alcohol because it can be dangerous for swimmers. Choosing teas, sodas, or juice would be better.
Thirdly, you have to completely clean your pool. You cannot invite your guests if you have dirty pool. So, you have to make sure that you have cleaned your pool before you start the party.
Fourthly, you need to prepare a room for those who want to change their clothes into bathing suits. Since it is impossible for your guests to go from home with bathing suits, this room will be very useful for them.
Fifthly, it is also important to set up a number of tables and patio chairs around your pool area so that your guests can be more enjoying the party. Moreover, you also need to set up additional tables that used for snacks and beverages. In these tables, you can add an ample supply of plates, napkins, cups, and utensils.
Lastly, you have to set up speaker and stereo system near your pool as the background music. Choosing surf music would be the best.
If you find difficulty for cleaning your pool, you can simply get the information on http://poolvacuumcleaner.org. In this site, you will find many great options of pool cleaning solutions like Aquabot pool cleaner, which can be very useful to help you in remove any dirt in your pool.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Alton_M_Terrell